Our ceramic filters are forged with silver and Activated Carbon at high temperature producing a hard material with very tiny microscopic pores. These pores are measured at 0.2 microns. To compare this size, a human hair is average diameter of 70 microns, and a single red blood cell is 5 microns. With a pore size so small, almost everything in the water is mechanically removed, leaving pure water. These filters use the same process as a pure water well located in sandstone or granite. In nature water slowly passes through the stone purifying as it goes. With a ceramic filter we can just speed the process up a bit faster. The silver provides an extra layer of protection as an anti-bacteriostat, inhibiting bacterial growth, while the activated carbon absorbs heavy metals, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
What does this Water Filter System remove from bad water sources?
- Provides great tasting and pure water.
- Can be used in an emergency when water may be questionable.
- The water passes through our proprietary black carbon candle to transform your drinking water.
- Virus (UVC Model)
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Filter will produce upto 3000 gallons, and can be cleaned with the included soft scrub pad.
- Includes pre-filter sock for silt laden water.
- If you are using water from a very dirty source, you can use the pre-filter to remove the large particles so your filter will last longer in between cleanings.
- Containers are translucent and BPA free.
- Bottom drain system allows user to drain all the water from the lower container without tipping the system.
What can’t be removed? Salts or Hardness. Measuring water quality with TDS (Total dissolved Salts) tells you nothing about how good or safe the water might be.
examples of some good salts in water:
- Sodium Chloride
How does the UVC Lamp work?
As mentioned above, the filter pore size is 0.2 micron, so this filter is extremely good at removing bacteria sized particles and larger, but what about virus?
All ceramic filters do remove some larger viruses such a spirochetes, but for smaller virus, we need another way to treat the water.
UVC: Is a form of Ultra Violet Energy that that sterilizes. Hospitals use UVC to sterilize operating rooms, and many commercial water treatment systems use UVC to sterilize water.
This small, powerful UVC lamp takes care of virus by disrupting the dna of the virus so that it can’t replicate. Killing It.
UVC Light Sterilizer for water
If you have any questions about our systems, reach out to our office. We are here to help.